Horizon Healthcare Staffing Website
Full Time, Part Time, Contract
No recruiters please
RN School Nurse Jobs in New York
Horizon Healthcare Staffing is searching for a dedicated and compassionate Registered Nurse for our school districts in the 5 boroughs of New York and on Long Island. This is a position for a Registered Nurse with a current New York license. If you are a Registered Nurse with current or recent experience and are looking to continue with your career with a company that values quality nursing, this is the type of job for you. The Registered Nurse identifies and treats health disorders among students and provides instruction in the maintenance of good health and disease prevention. The school nurse must evaluate the physical conditions of students and refer students to appropriate resources as needed. Decisions made by the RN require discretionary judgment and analysis.
When you apply to Horizon Healthcare Staffing, one of our recruiters will discuss all Registered Nurse open assignments. The recruiter will work with you and guide you through your options so you are comfortable and put in a position to succeed in accordance with your skills and experience.
If you are an RN that has worked in a different specialty your whole career, but want to switch to school nursing, we offer information sessions to guide you through the transition. We provide you with guidance on how to be a school nurse.
- Staten Island
- Nassau County
- Suffolk County
School Nurse Job Details:
The school nurse provides health services for students and staff and act as advocates, liaisons, and consultants on health related issues for students, families and school personnel. They are an integral part of the school program in supporting an optimum physical, mental, emotional and social climate for all students and staff. The services provided by the school nurse include: health care delivery, health counseling, and health program and policy development.
- Substitute Nursing (Per Diem)
- 1:1 Cases with special needs students (Full-time)
- Health Office (per diem, short and long term assignments available)
- School nurse transportation cases morning and/ or afternoon
- Field trips
- Medical benefits & 401k available
- Excellent hourly rates
- School Nurse information sessions available
School Nurse Responsibilities:
- Protecting and maintain student’s health by providing professional nursing services in accordance with Nursing Standards and NYS Licensing.
- Providing NY State-mandated and annual screening programs including vision, hearing, height, weight and scoliosis.
- Facilitating NY State-mandated immunization and communicable disease control requirements.
- Identifying and assessing students’ health needs, implementing services, and evaluating plans of care which impact student learning and achievement or safety.
- Participating as members of the school’s multi-disciplinary team, interpreting medical data and writing objectives for the health component of the IEP and/or 504 plan.
- Acting as liaison between home and school, and community providers for medical issues, including visiting students at home.
- Identifying and reporting school building safety or environmental issues which impact student or staff health to the building administrator.
- Documenting health services provided in accordance with the NYS Nurse Practice Act.
- Maintaining current pertinent health data for each student by periodic review and documentation on the individual student electronic and paper health records.
- Completing student and staff insurance/accident reports.
- Initiating and documenting health surveillance programs as needed and recording, compiling and reporting aggregate student health information as required by NYS Department of Health.
School Nurse Job Requirements:
- Nursing Degree
- Registered Nurse in New York
- Valid NYS License
- Eligibility to work in the United States
- At least 1 -2 years experience in your field of nursing practice. (ex, Med/Surg, Critical Care, School Based, Nursing Home, etc.)
Be the first to see new jobs near New York, NY!
Enter your email address below to receive new jobs when they are posted.No thanks